Thursday, October 7, 2010

The Proposal!

So most of you have heard that I got a boy for my birthday... well he did propose, and I did accept, but it was all a joke, sorry guys I'm not really engaged. I'm not the one to just randomly get engaged, ideally I want to date for awhile then talk about it. Anyway, it is a funny story so I will tell it to you.
As Sunday was my birthday, we had family/birthday dinner for me with cake and ice cream included. Afterward Julie, Lindsay, and I went to ward prayer. There we ran into John and Kira, where we went through a round of me and John giving each other Happy Birthday's. We enjoyed ward prayer, socialized for a min or two and then made our way to Clint's apartment for games, or so I thought it was just games...
We got to Clint's and talked while we waited for some to show up, during this time Lindsay, Julie and Clint brought out two birthday cakes! Yes they had made one for both me and John, such great friends we have! The candles were arranged and lit and everyone sang again and we blew out the candles, and sadly it worked... apparently they had got trick candles, which only one worked, John tried to blow it out twice and it didn't work and when I tried it went right out.
All of us then enjoyed our cake, it was pretty good! Then the fun began. 
Someone suggested that since it was both of our birthdays that we should feed each other cake... yes like at a wedding reception. John and I looked at each other and decided sure, why not. Although John mentioned that he didn't have a ring to give me. I said it was ok, that if he wanted we could just use my CTR ring and switch the finger it was on. He said that was ok, he'd get a better one. Oh alright. We got our pieces of cake and proceeded to shove it in each others faces, up the nose, all over the face, and crumbled down the shirt. The only bad thing with this was that I still had my cough, which meant that my throat and nose was all congested. First thing John did was clog my nose with cake and icing, so I couldn't breath out of my nose, and I started to laugh. Then with smearing the cake all over it crumbled, so with me laughing I started inhaling cake crumbs, this wasn't good and once again I was choking. Dang it all. We made a pretty good mess, and it was a ton of fun. Clint then came after me with the vacuum, well he turned it on by me, but my eyes were shut and I didn't know what he was doing and scared me pretty good. Julie and Lindsay then carried me out into the hall so most of the mess got out there. After we got cleaned up it was time for games, and we played werewolf for a bit, then signs, a lot of fun.
Well before we were done I looked over at John and he had a ring box in his hands! I mentioned to him that he wasn't kidding about having a better ring, but he brushed it off. I as always I'm oblivious to most things going on around me and didn't give the ring box a second thought. We were still playing signs for a bit, but then it was getting late and most people decided to start leaving, but before they could go...
All of the sudden John was on one knee in front of me and grabbed my hand. I didn't know what to think and started laughing. John was saying something, I don't even remember half of what he said because I was laughing, then I couldn't breath, and then I was crying. I did hear people ask if someone had a camera, then once they got one John had to start over. He took the ring out of the box, and said now I am told this is real... I answered by saying... you're told, you don't know?... John...well I'm not a diamond expert. Anyway he grabbed my hand and asked if I'd marry him (well I think that's what he asked, I was still laughing/not breathing/crying) and then he was informed he had the wrong hand, then he switched and tried the left ring finger and it didn't fit! He looked at me and said...It doesn't fit! let's try the other finger and put the ring on my left pinky finger, there we go! I looked at him, then at the ring, then back at him and said, I guess I have to say yes! Then we hugged! Of course our friends couldn't leave it at that...the kiss chant started! Of course after what happened this summer I did freak for a minute, I know John well enough that I didn't think he would actually kiss me, but I sure did wonder. Well John is such a gentleman that he grabbed my face and kissed my forehead! 
Thanks guys I couldn't ask for a better birthday!

2 comments:

Dad Mom said...

Are you sure he wasn't serious ?

Drewann Flandro said...

Yes I'm sure. We are just friends. Although, if he were to ask me out i wouldn't turn him down. :)