Here's another great recipe for everyone!
I was kinda nervous about the Spaghetti Squash, as sometimes new vegetables aren't that great, also mine was sitting on my counter for a couple weeks so I was nervous about it being bad. It wasn't bad, and it was delicious! Have fun guys, and enjoy!
Chicken with Rosemary and Mushroom Glaze
Makes 2 servings with leftovers. Approximate cooking time: 25 minutes.
4 boneless, skinless
chicken breasts (4 oz each)
2 tsp fresh rosemary leaves or
2 tsp dried rosemary
4 tablespoons olive oil 2 tsp hazelnuts, chopped
2 cups sliced mushrooms salt and pepper to taste
2 cloves garlic, minced
1) Fully cook chicken breasts, either in a Foreman Grill or cut into pieces and
cook on the stove with a small amount of oil.
2) Add oil, rosemary, hazelnuts, garlic, salt, and pepper to a pan on medium
high heat. Simmer together for 5 minutes.
3) Add the mushrooms and cook for another 3 minutes or until
mushrooms are browned.
4) Poor oil mixture over chicken and enjoy.
Spicy Spaghetti Squash with Almonds
Makes a dinner side dish for two adults, with leftovers for lunch or a snack.
Approximate cooking time: 60 minutes.
1 large spaghetti squash 1/2-1 tsp ground chipotle
1/2 cup slivered almonds 1/2 tsp sea salt
1 Tbs coconut oil 1/8 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
1) Preheat oven to 375°.
2) Cut the spaghetti squash in half length-wise with a large knife or cleaver.
3) Place cut side down in a shallow baking dish. Add 3/4” of water to the dish.
4) Bake for 45 minutes or so, until the squash is soft to the touch.
5) Meanwhile, add the slivered almonds to a small sauté pan over medium-low
heat. Stir constantly until they turn golden brown.
Note: the almonds will burn quickly if not stirred, or if left unattended!
6) When squash is done cooking, remove it from the oven and cool until it can
be comfortably handled.
7) Turn the cut side up, and remove from the rind with a fork. This should be
done cross-wise, so the strands of squash fall out like spaghetti.
8) Toss the spaghetti squash strands in coconut oil, ground chipotle, nutmeg
and sea salt, and top with toasted almonds. Great warm or cold.