Thursday, May 23, 2013

One Year

One year ago today Jared invited himself over to my apartment for a movie night 
and my life hasn't been the same since.

Today I've been thinking back to last year and what was going through my head, and it just makes me smile.
Jared was and is everything I needed in my life.
I'm so glad Heavenly Father places people in our lives right when we need them.
He knows exactly what we need.

One year ago I was content. I was happy with who I was and what I was doing, I loved myself. I was actually thinking of moving out of Logan at the end of the summer. It was the next step, move out of college life and onto my career life, time to grow up a little more.

That night Jared came over and Tami and I were flirting with the guy downstairs trying to get him and his roommates to come up. They never did. I took the Love Sac and slept through the movie. After the movie I woke up for a min but dozed back off. Jared was still there talking to Tami about how to make her move on our neighbor that she liked and he decided to use me as his prop. 
He grabbed my knee scaring me awake and then held my hand. All the while going through my head was.. "What is going on. You can let go of my hand now. Umm boys don't like me what are you doing? This is kinda weird." At that point in my life I'd never had a boyfriend. I was friends with guys and I had crushes on them. But guys that liked me took me out on a few dates and then stopped talking to me, almost as if they'd falling off the edge of the Earth.
After Jared went home we stayed up chatting on Facebook for another hour or so. Not knowing it I'd met my Husband. Looking back now he was exactly what I'd always dreamed of... A guy who had guts. I was crushing on another guy at that time, but Jared was forward and took the initiative to 'weasel'  his way into my life and more importantly into my heart.

Now that we are apart I love him even more. 
The distance helps me see the little things about him that I miss.
I miss his hugs.
I miss him surprising me by coming home for the night when I thought he'd be in Salt Lake still.
I miss date night.
I miss cuddling on our couch watching TV.
I miss his smile.
I miss his laugh. But that I hear occasionally when I send him goofy stuff.

I can't wait for many more years together with him. 
Jared you are my hero! Stay safe. I love you lots and lots.

No comments: