Saturday, March 5, 2011

All things Thanksgiving... and BLACK FRIDAY!

Thanksgiving is one of my all time favorite holidays! Family and food! I don't think you can get better than that. This year was no disappointment.
Right beforehand we were on a Blizzard watch... well it was more just a Whiteout! I mean we got some snow, but I don't think it was Blizzard worthy. We got some snow and a lot of wind!
Lindsay was invited by Pono to go to Thanksgiving in Nampa... it was a hard choice as she usually just goes to her Grandparents in Layton. But as the time got closer and she didn't see Pono for almost two weeks when he took a trip to New York she decided that she would go to her Grandparents a day early to spend time with them, then she would go with Pono to spend Thanksgiving and the weekend with his family. And it became a good weekend for them!
For my family we went to Kaysville to Uncle Tom's and Aunt Sirena's house. I love this tradition because so many come and make it so great. The numbers have dwindled in past years as we have started getting married and people have in-laws to go to now, but the ones who do make it have a great time!
Long about 8 I got a text from Nate asking when I was going to get back in town. They were going to get together to play scatterball. Of course I was in, but we didn't get back into town till around 9:30ish. Well I still went over to the church and we had fun... I got the biggest bruise from that game! haha! Totally worth it. Afterwards Nate invited me to his apartment as they were going to put in a movie then go to Walmart at midnight when movies went on sale. Well we just kinda chilled for a bit then headed to Walmart. We went back to Nate's... Me and Sierra, and Nate watched Did You Hear About The Morgans... Sierra and I are always asleep when we go to Nate's for a movie. LOL. Nate stayed awake and even put in Horton Hears A Who, at some point.
Nate woke us up around 4 so he could go to Al's and I went home to get Lexie. Part way home I realized my wallet was still at Nate's. Oops. I had to call him, go get his keys, go back to the apartment... which took forever to unlock, take him back his keys, then I finally got home. Woke up Lexie and we headed to Shoe Carnival because I wanted some boots. Lucky me I paid $16! Then we went to the mall to find Lexie some pants, and even though we didn't find her a good deal she still got some American Eagle jeans.
Nate had mentioned having a breakfast party after shopping so I came home and turned on the TV. Well he ended up going home and went to bed! haha.
That evening we ended up at Clint's, we got dinner at Chick-fil-A then played games. I was so tired and slap happy that Nate and Ryan found joy in tickling me. Oh how I love my friends, they reminded me that I always need to buy waterproof mascara!
It was such a good weekend and Lindsay and Pono finally made it home on Monday as there was another storm that closed the freeway in Idaho. They made it in time to say Happy Birthday to Julie and throw her in the snow! Don't forget hearing Momma J's monkey noise!
Oh the good times that we have!

No comments: