These are so good and pretty easy to make. Enjoy!
Baked Eggs in Bacon Rings
Makes breakfast for two. Approximate cooking time: 35 minutes.
6 strips nitrate-/nitrite-free bacon
melted bacon fat for brushing tins
1 small to medium tomato, cut
into 4 (1/2˝ ) slices
1) Preheat the oven to 325°.
2) Cook bacon in a skillet over medium heat until it begins to shrivel
(about 3 minutes). Remove bacon from pan and set aside.
3) Discard all but a shallow film of bacon fat in the bottom of the skillet.
4) Brush 4 cups in a muffin tin or 4 small ramekins with bacon fat
from the pan.
5) Add chopped onions and mushrooms to hot pan with remaining bacon
drippings in the skillet and cook over medium heat until softened.
6) Meanwhile, place a tomato slice in the bottom of each cup.
Circle the inside of each cup with 1-1/2 strips of bacon.
7) Break an egg into each muffin cup and season with pepper.
8) Add sautéed mushrooms and onions over the egg.
9) Fill any unused tins with water to protect from burning.
10) Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
11) To serve, loosen the edges of the eggs with spatula and
transfer the eggs to plates.